Friends & Clients
Hello from Myrtle Beach in the heat of hurricane season! We dodged any significant effects from hurricane Irma last week, we had over 675 people watch our Facebook Live video as I drove up Ocean Blvd during the worst of the winds, it was truly worse on the beach than I expected, we got pelted pretty good with wind and sand! We now have Maria in the tropics and hoping that she turns north and avoids any part of the US mainland. Just part of living on the coast this time of year. I’m getting more familiar with Facebook, but if you want to be updated on what we do, just LIKE our page: https://www.facebook.com/realestatemodo/
Thanks for all the reviews and feedback on our new website, you do have to create a login/account, but after you do it once its super user friendly to create and save searches. We are working out the kinks to be able to plug in an address and come up with an instant value as well, if you own a property in the area already. As always, keep in mind that our sellers only pay a 4% listing commission, saving a lot of $$
Check it out: www.realestatemodo.com
Aside from any hurricanes, this is a great time of year to be in town, awesome weather, the ocean is still very warm and no real crowds! Great time to catch motivated sellers after they’ve collected the bigger summer income months as well. Keep in touch if you have any plans to make it to town.
Aug Sales Stats:There were 1,666 total closed transactions and just over $333 million in closed volume(25% increase over July). The average days on the market was 154, avg closed price of $200,003(another increase). 16 sales over $1 million, mostly oceanfront or waterfront homes. 557 total condo sales, with 137 of them being oceanfront or oceanview, 72 with golf course views. Overall single family home sales totaled 871 transactions. There were a total of 49 foreclosure sales and only 6 short sales closed for the month.
My Deal(s) of the Month:As always, a “deal” depends on a number of factors with what you are looking for in a property, be it for personal use, investment etc. We can get you all of the details on any if you like what you read. I can’t guarantee they will still be available when you read this. Here are the details with some I like a lot this month. All of these have just recently hit the market! (In order of price, which is how they will pull up in the link below)
· Bank Owned – 2BR/2BA in Teal Lake Village at Tidewater Plantation. Needs work but outstanding location on the lake and golf course, $119,000
· 1BR Oceanfront #407 at St Clements – Great looking condo and a neat, unique quieter building. Will bring in some income but a great second home $119,900
· Income Producer – Dunes Village Resort oceanfront studio, $186,000, 2016 Gross income was $38,841, got to be the best price/income ratio on the market
· Fixer Upper Raised Beach Home in Cherry Grove – 307 20th Ave N, 3BR/1.5BA, $200,000, few blocks to the beach, hard to find this price, this close to the beach
· Oceanfront 3BR Long Bay Resort #1452 – Seller is buying another property and is ready to move it, one of the best priced 3BR oceanfront condos in our market, definitely the best priced in a top Resort. $229,500
· Bank Owned/HUD Property – BUT move in ready! Great looking house, 4BR/3BA only 4yrs old, 2300 sq ft, $237,000, Windsor Plantation – 217 St David Ave Myrtle Beach SC
Click this link below to be directed to the property listings:
As always, please keep us in mind for any clients or friends you know that are looking to buy or sell in the MB area!
Broker In Charge